Friday, March 26, 2010

Adventures through the desert to the Seti Temple

Our day off, Alhamdulillah! A lovely relaxing day in the village of Beni Mansour. The Seti temple is an approximate 20 minute walk from our residence. While walking through the empty desert and as we creep closer to the temple we encounter children playing, the police hut with their camels, etc.

A few of us had decided to grab tea before entering the temple. We sat at a lovely cafe, drank tea and peole watched. Here I captured children sitting along side the road scarfing down chipsy's (potato chips). The youngest, a boy maybe around 2.5 to 3 years of age must have eaten about four bags while we were there for about an hour. I was intrigued to say the least.

The Seti temple (http://www.philae.nu/akhet/ASetiTempl.html) I will have to admit is one of my favorite temples that I have visited in Egypt thus far. It has a certain feel about it that just feels right!





























1 comment:

  1. I LOVE LOVE seeing pics of you and your adventures but I have to admit it makes me just miss you more! :)

    ReplyDelete