Monday, March 15, 2010

This is where I currently work! As you can see a lot of sand and mud brick (adobe like). I could spend the whole day watching and interacting with the workers. In this case that includes young boys ranging between the ages of 14 and older (some of who look 8 years old)! I enjoy passing the time listening to them speak to each other in a very fast spoken Arabic. Some of which I pick up, but mostly I just listen with no clue as to what they are saying, but put my own story together by puzzling together the pieces I know and understand along with their body language with each other. This is a great way to pass the time, soak in the sun, and learn a beautiful language!











2 comments:

  1. Very cool - looks like it's coming along. What are you finding out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, these photos of teh excavation are just backfill removal. they were excavated in 2001 I think. Exposing the north gateway of the Shunet el Zebib and the southern walls of the enclosure to the North. Pretty cool. Beer jars like crazy

    ReplyDelete